ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius: Arnold Heidsieck Scholarship Fund - USA-Stipendien für Geisteswissenschaftler
Allgemeines Anliegen des Stipendiums
The Arnold Heidsieck Scholarship Fund invites applications from BA-students in the humanities who are currently enrolled at a German university and have a focus on German culture, language, history, music, or art in their studies.
In 2019 several scholarships for one or two semesters at universities in the US will be awarded for the sixth time to aid with travel and living costs abroad. Selection is based on written applications.
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2019 for a stipend starting in August or September 2019.
Arnold Heidsieck (1937-2009), philosopher and German philologist, taught as a professor at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. Born in Leipzig and raised in Breslau, Heidsieck studied theology in Tübingen and wrote his doctoral dissertation in literary studies at the Freie Universität Berlin. His research initially centred on Kafka and his intellectual contemporaries; his later work focused on German post-war literature and representations of the Holocaust.
Further Information: www.zeit-stiftung.de/heidsieck
Art der Förderung
Aid for one or two semesters at universities in the US with travel and living costs abroad.
Hinweise zur Bewerbung
The application must be submitted in English on the appropriate form provided by the ZEIT-Stiftung before the deadline. It must contain:
- a completed application form (Curriculum Vitae, Copy of High School Diploma [Abiturzeugnis], Transcript of Records (Leistungsübersicht aus dem BA-Studium)
- essay explaining your motivations and why you should be considered for a scholarship (max. 2 pages)
- one letter of recommendation from a university professor sent directly from the author (in English or German)
Further information: www.zeit-stiftung.de/heidsieck
Eligible scholarship applicants must:
- be German or foreign students who are currently enrolled at a German university.
- be BA-students in the humanities with a focus on German culture, language, history, music, or art in their studies
- be working on their bachelor degree currently, or travel to the US in the school year immediately after they have completed their bachelor’s degree
- be accepted to study at a U.S. university.
Art des Stipendiums
Studium im Ausland