European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN): Technical Student Programme
Allgemeines Anliegen des Stipendiums
There’s no better way to learn than on-the-job. When that job happens to be in a world-famous organisation and centre of scientific excellence, even better. If you’re an undergraduate in Applied Physics, Engineering or Computing and are looking for a practical training period or a place to complete your final project, you could spend 4 to 12 months at CERN during the course of your studies (Bachelor or Master). An extension of up to a maximum of 14 months may be given.
It’s more than work experience. In fact, it’s a student programme like nowhere else on Earth.
Art der Förderung
- 3.283 CHF/month (the allowance is net of tax)
- Travel allowance
- Additional allowance for students who are married and/or with child(ren)
- Contract of association from 4 to 12 months
- Membership of the Health Insurance scheme (contribution automatically deducted from allowance).
- ~40 hours/week
- 2.5 days of annual leave/month
- CERN housing service helps finding local accommodation; visa service; social affairs service.
Hinweise zur Bewerbung
Disciplines represented: Applied physics, IT, mathematics, electrical, electronic, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation for accelerators and particle physics experiments, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, science communication, surveying, ultra-high vacuum.
Students specialising in theoretical or experimental particle physics are not eligible to apply for this programme.
More information on the website.
You need to be a national of a CERN Member State and studying in a Member State. Cypriots, Pakistani, Romanian, Serbian and Turkish nationals are also eligible to apply.
Students from Non-Member States are able to apply only if they have been residing in a Member State for the last 5 years and are enrolled in a Member State educational establishment.
- You should have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies.
You can stay for at least 4 and at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student.
We advise students to opt for the longest period possible to make the most of it and increase the chances of being selected!
- You have a good knowledge of English OR French.
Art des Stipendiums
Praktikum im Ausland,
Diplom/Magister-Studenten, Master-Studenten, Bachelor-Studenten, FH-Studenten