European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN): Administrative Student Programme
Allgemeines Anliegen des Stipendiums
Imagine getting involved in work that is changing the world and imagine doing it before you’ve left university. Imagine working in an international environment and having a great quality of life.
Take part in CERN’s Administrative Student Programme!
There’s no better way to learn than on-the-job. When that job happens to be in a world-famous organisation and centre of scientific excellence, even better. If you’re an undergraduate in Administration and are looking for a practical training period or a place to complete your final project, you could spend your time at CERN during the course of your studies (Bachelor or Master). If your university requires or encourages you to acquire work experience through an internship, imagine doing this at CERN in Geneva.
Duration: 2 to 12 months
Art der Förderung
- A contract of association from 2 to 12 months.
- An allowance of 3319 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance).
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
Hinweise zur Bewerbung
- human resources
- advanced secretarial work
- business administration
- library and information science
- engineering management
- science communication
- communication and public relations
You will need the following documents, in English or in French, clearly labelled (e.g. “CV”, “Academic transcript”, "Reference letter") and in PDF format to complete your application:
- A CV.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks
- A reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory. Should you have one from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference.
You may upload the reference letter yourself, whilst submitting your application, or through your referee via the link you will receive shortly after submitting your application.
A panel of CERN experts meets three times a year in February, June and October, to review all applications, and typically around 50 students are selected to join the programme annually.
More information on the website.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- You should have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master’s) specializing in an administrative field at the time of the next student committee taking place in October 2022
- You remain registered as a full-time student during the internship.
- You have a good knowledge of English or French.
Please note that in case you are studying in a STEM/engineering field, you are not eligible to apply for this position. Instead, please consider applying for the CERN Technical Student programme.
Art des Stipendiums
Studium im Ausland, Allgem. Förderung, Lebensunterhalt, Praktikum im Ausland
Diplom/Magister-Studenten, Master-Studenten, Bachelor-Studenten, FH-Studenten, MBA-Studenten, LL.M.-Studenten, Lehramtsstudenten / Staatsexamen