European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN): Technical Student Programme
Allgemeines Anliegen des Stipendiums
There’s no better way to learn than on-the-job. When that job happens to be in a world-famous organisation and centre of scientific excellence, even better. If you’re an undergraduate in Applied Physics, Engineering or Computing and are looking for a practical training period or a place to complete your final project, you could spend 4 to 12 months at CERN during the course of your studies (Bachelor or Master).
It’s more than work experience. In fact, it’s a student programme like nowhere else on Earth.
Art der Förderung
- Internship in a world-famous organisation and centre of scientific excellence
- A contract of association from 4 to 12 months.
- An allowance of 3319 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance)
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
Hinweise zur Bewerbung
- Applied physics
- electrical or electronics engineering
- general or civil engineering
- mathematics and robotics
- material and surface science
- mechanical engineering.
Students specialising in theoretical or experimental particle physics are not eligible to apply for this programme.
A panel of CERN experts meets twice a year in December and June to review all applications, and on each occasion, typically 120 students are selected to join the programme.
More information on the website.
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- You have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master’s) at the time of the next student selection round taking place in October 2022.
- You remain registered as a full-time student during the internship.
- You have a good knowledge of English or French.
Art des Stipendiums
Praktikum im Ausland
Deutschland, Belgien, Frankreich, Großbritannien / Irland, Italien, Niederlande, Österreich, Schweiz, Sonstige (Europa), Naher Osten, Sonstige (International)
Diplom/Magister-Studenten, Master-Studenten, Bachelor-Studenten, FH-Studenten