Jacobs University Bremen
Innovation and excellence
Jacobs University is a stellar private, international, English language university in Europe. The faculty members are recognized as outstanding teachers, scholars and researchers with significant experience in their disciplines.
Jacobs University Bremen
Office of Admissions
Campus Ring 1
Phone: +49 (0)421 200 4200
Fax: +49 (0)421 200 4203
General Inquiries: info(at)jacobs-university.de
Admission Information: admission(at)jacobs-university.de
Noch Fragen? Triff Studenten aus Bremen in der City-Group.
Students are selected from a large, diverse and well-qualified group of applicants. In the current academic year, 1370 students representing 108 different nations from all corners of the world have come together at Jacobs University to create their own traditions of innovation and excellence.
A unique learning environment
Whether you are interested in sciences, engineering, social sciences or humanities, Jacobs University Bremen offers a strong transdisciplinary all English-language program for students to explore a variety of fields leading to careers in research, business, engineering, public affairs and more. This provides students the possibility to decide their main focus at the beginning of the second year without it prolonging the three-year study program.With its newly-renovated residential campus and superb facilities, the University provides a unique learning environment in Germany for a small highly diverse community.
Jacobs University has received top rankings for its study programs by the Centre for Higher Education Development (CHE), the most comprehensive and detailed ranking of higher education institutions in German-speaking countries.
2005: Political and Social Sciences
2007: Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
2009: Biology and Geosciences
2011: Political and Social Sciences
2012: Geosciences, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics
2013: Psychology, History, Electrical Engineering, Biotechnology
Bringing Cultures Together
Jacobs University offers a student experience like no other in Germany. It provides more than just a challenging academic program and fine career development. It gives open-minded students the chance to become a part of a unique, vibrant community of global citizens. Originally named International University Bremen, Jacobs University is committed to bringing a myriad of cultures together to its campus. While students may study abroad through the ERASMUS program or at a partner university in countries such as the US or South Africa, it is the atmosphere of the international residential campus community in Bremen that is so attractive for students from around the world. Approximately 20% of Jacobs University students are German, many having already lived abroad. The remaining 80% come from nearly 100 other countries, thus creating a very unique learning environment.
Jacobs University’s Bachelor programs
- Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology
- Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience
- Computer Science
- Earth and Space Sciences
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Global Economics and Management
- Global Humanities
- Information Management and Systems
- Integrated Environmental Studies
- Integrated Social and Cognitive Psychology
- Integrated Social Sciences
- Intercultural Relations and Behavior
- International Logistics Management and Engineering
- International Politics and History
All programs (including Master programs)
See Jacobs University for yourself
- Open House: Each year, Jacobs University hosts Spring and Fall Open House events where visitors can meet students and professors, attend workshops and learn more about what we have to offer. For further information see: www.jacobs-university.de/open-house
- Campus tours: If you cannot visit on these particular days, we can also arrange a personal student-led campus tour.
- Field Trip: Our office also arranges programs for school classes interested in a field trip to our English-language university.
- Virtual Campus: If you cannot make it to our area, take a look at our virtual campus tour online at: www.jacobs-university.de/visit/virtual
Your application to Jacobs
Our selection process is thorough, and aims at getting to know the person as well as the potential student. In order to apply to the university, you will need to send:
- 1. A completed Jacobs University application form
- 2. An essay
- 3. Official transcripts of the last four years of schooling
- 4. Two letters of recommendations
- 5 Results of standardized test (e.g. SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS)
You can prepare your application for any of these dates:
- Round I: December 1 2012
- Round II: February 1 2013
- Round III: June 1 2013
It is advantageous to apply and submit all materials as early as possible, as we have fewer places and scholarships available later in the admission season. Every complete application will automatically be considered for a potential scholarship. Consult jacobs-university.de/admission for more detailed information.